Thursday, March 20, 2008

If Ferris Bueller thinks he's so smart, he should have tried this quiz.

Good afternoon. Yes I am back so soon. You may be seeing more o me over the next couple of weeks or so as I have a bit of time off for Easter. Anyway, I was listening to Virgin the other morning as usual and Christian's breakfast show have recently recruited a young film reviewer, who has reviewed the following 80s classic:

This young girl inspired me to watch "Ferris Bueller's Day off" and here's my humble verdict:

I agree with Rowey (is that ho you spell it?) in that the actors carried the film and also in the film is very witty. For an American movie of any era to be witty is very rare, I must say, and this movie reflected quite a British style of humour.

Matthew Broderick's acting is superb. All the way through the film, I believed that he was this stylish, sexy, very smart cheeky-chappie with high wit. Despite Broderick's quality performance, one of the best moments in the film remains to be when Cameron is in his car pondering whether to go to see Ferris. His facial expressions and indecisive attitude in that scene are amazing. I loved that scene. That actor is also very good.

I disagree with Rowey in that it is an average film. It is laugh-out-loud funny and you should definitely atch it. It's one most certainly worth a try. However irritating he actually is, on the surface the character of Ferris is impossible not to love! He is the guy every teenager really wants to be. And that is the car every teenager wants. And she is the girlfriend every teenager wants. Must I continue? One thing every teenager doesn't want is that waist-coat. What a huge fopah!

Bueller is incredibly smart, but one must ask them self the question "Is he smart enough to complete the Impossible Quiz?

The Impossible Quiz is a quiz of riddles and mind games. There's puns, memory exercises and mindless mouse-clicking also on your journey to question 110. For example, there is one question where it says "Click the Answer" and you proceed by clicking the words "the Answer". Silly things like this build up the quiz to a level where you actually feel like shooting someone. You should try it.

I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG! Michael has returned and I foresaw this happening. I hate that character's guts. he is the slimiest, grimmest, nastiest man I have ever come across. If I was Sayid, I would have never been able to keep my nerve and shake hands with "Kevin Johnson". Johnson my backside!

I hate to say this, but Locke could go stick a knife in his back unprovoked and I couldn't care less.

Well, only another three days until the next episode. Mind you, Knowing LOST they'll probably leave that storyline until about four episodes from now!

Returning to the reviewing side of things, be expecting dozens of reviews over Easter to skim over. Feel free to post or e-mail me your own reviews of appropriate movies at lspcentral@gmail.com Bueller........Bueller............Bueller........

No comments: