Monday, December 24, 2007

1 day to go- The Doctor's romantic moment.

Good morning. Yesterday, I made but a devastating discovery. Several posts ago, I wrote a post entitled "The Christmas Countdown has begun- 11 days to go". This seems to have been 10 days prior to today. In this post, aside from the girly hysteria about Voyage of he Damned, the point I made concerned the Doctor's smooching. Let's take another look at th people he's kissed-


Dr. Grace Holloway, Doctor Who: The Movie/The Enemy Within, 1996
Rose Tyler, 1.13-The Parting of the Ways and 2.1-New Earth, 2005 and 2006
Captain Jack Harkness, 1.13-The Parting of the Ways, 2005
Reinette Poisson, 2.4-The Girl in the Fireplace, 2006
Martha Jones, 3.1-Smith and Jones, 2008


So, my initial point in this point was my hope that the Doc would not kiss the acclaimed Astrid Peth, played by Kylie Minogue. This rumour had been floating around the tabloid newspapers sine it was annonced that Minogue would feature in the series. Now the least Russell could do would be to simply prove the Sun totally wrong by scrapping any sort of plans of romance between the two characters....................


But, no. Several days ago it was announced that there would be some romance here and there. I was dissapointed to say the least. However, when I found out that the Time Lord and his new Australian ladyfriend would kiss, I almost cried. Maybe I jinxed myself by ranting and raving about what may or may not happen earlier.
In the end I came to the conclusion that aslong as the rest of the episode is acceptable, and aslong as Jason Donovan doesn't attempt to get revenge by striking off another of the Doctor's thirteen lives, then all will be fine.
But, Russell- don't do that again!

No comments: