Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vantage Point: LSP's verdict.

Good Afternoon. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed my poetic addition to blogLSP earlier this week. I'm quite a poet if I do say so myself, but I don't very often put the skill into practice. When I was very young, I went to a before-school breakfast club and one time it was my mother's birthday. I was very very bored as usual as the colouring books had all been torn and destroyed (they didn't appeal to me anyway), the Lego was being used by some rather unpleasant boys with pug faces, and the same boys were the reason that I didn't go anywhere near the dolls house. So I took note of the fact that it was my mother's birthday and wrote a poem entitled "Be A Good Lad". Those were the days...
But, returning to topic now- it's time I stopped reminiscing about the "good old days" and started to give you today's review: a review of the action-packed thriller, Vantage Point.
VANTAGE POINT:
*****
RATING: 12A RUNNING TIME: 89 mins STARS: Matthew Fox, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker

IN A NUTSHELL:
Vantage Point is incredible. Definitely a movie worth seeing. And worth seeing at the cinema. The car chases, action and explosions are visually superb on the big screen and the acting is great. However, it's not a film to watch when you're tired. This movie needs your full attention.

MY HUMBLE OPINION:
I absolutely love this movie. I went into the cinema feeling okeydokey... and came out gasping for breath. From the first minute to the last, Vantage Point is a "roller coaster ride". This movie is the best I've seen since Superman Returns. The same twenty minutes or so is shown about four or five times and despite this it doesn't get tedious. I think it's probably the expert acting that stops it from being boring in anyway. Matthew Fox gives a superb performance as usual. And you could say the same for every other member of the cast. Ghostbusters and Galaxy Quest star, Sigourney Weaver also made an appearance as head of a TV news studio. There is not one moment in this film where it is quiet. There is not a moment in this film when at least one person isn't screaming. There is not one moment in this movie where a gun isn't involved! But one thing that there will be is numerous almighty gasps from the audience! It is a brilliant film. Brilliant.

PARENTAL GUIDANCE:
I wouldn't take any child under eight to a 12A film. But if you're wondering about content, then here it is:
There is a lot of gun violence in the film, but not a high amount of gore and blood. There's frequent language throughout, and once strong. It's quite hard to follow and understand for young children. Cheers. Anyway, that's all folks!

No comments: