Saturday, April 19, 2008

Series Four Schedule (updated version)

Good evening. I have just finished watching the latest episode, so I guess it's time for a review;
4.3 PLANET OF THE OOD.
*****
RUNNING TIME: 45 mins. STARS: David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Tim McInnery

IN A NUTSHELL:
Not as good as last week, but an excellent episode. I enjoyed it a lot and thought that it provided what was missing from episodes 2.8 and 2.9. The Ood were shown in a different, but appropriate way and we got to see the sort of Prologue, the missing chapter to The Impossible Planet.

MY HUMBLE OPINION:
Well, that episode had a rather high budget, didn't it now? It was creative, to say the least, and, as I say, provided a missing chapter that I wasn't expecting. I thought it's only connection to 2.8 and 2.9 would be the Ood and a few necessary fleeting references (because in the BBC's view it's light Saturday telly that doesn't need to be complicated) but it was a whole missing part of the earlier story. It was set at the same time, for a start. Everything that we wanted to know about the Ood in that story, we found out here. The Doctor solved everything that we wanted solved. It was all very very good. Rabid Ood- now that is groovy. I thought Tim McInnery was good as the baddie. Initially, I anticipated him to be rather hammy, seeing him in Blackadder an' all, but he was good. He was good. Losing his hair eh...
Catherine Tate once again proved that she can act beautifully seriously in the singing scene. And speaking of singing, what was the Ood's "your song will end" comment about?! Surely he won't regenerate at the close of this season. They said he won't. But then again, they say a lot of things.


Right, OK, ages ago, I gave a rough Series Four Schedule, but even if you've seen it before, this is a full, specific Episode Guide:


4.x Voyage of the Damned (already broadcast)

4.1 Partners in Crime (already broadcast)
4.2 The Fires of Pompeii (already broadcast)
4.3 Planet of the Ood (already broadcast)

4.4 The Sontaran Stratagem
4.5 The Poison Sky-----Martha returns in this two parter next week, along with the good ol' potato-head Sontarans.

4.6 The Doctor's Daughter-----I am scared of this episode in a big way. A revelation like this could totally wreck the whole show. Literally. I am so dreading it. You'd better do it well, Russ- or else.

4.7 The Unicorn and the Wasp-----Agatha Christie pops up in this episode.

4.8 Silence in the Library
4.9 Forest of the Dead-----Two parter number two.

4.10 Midnight-----The Doctor and Donna visit a planet called Midnight this episode.

4.11 Turn Left-----Rose pops up here again, and this episode leads into the next two.

4.12 TBC
4.13 Journey's End-----The title for 4.12 is unknown and is for some reason being held a secret by the BBC. I think this may be something to do with 4.6. Rose is in these two.

Sarah-Jane and CJH are also confirmed to be appearing this series. What a whopper of a series it will be. Good lord. That's all folks.

No comments: