You may find on this fine day that th title of my post is just slightly obscure. Before you ask, the central point in this post is not how utterly hilarious Catherine Tate is. It is how utterly hysterically, stpidly, laugh your pants off and make sure you bring a change of underwear funny the Irish comedy, Father Ted is!
My point is that over the past few years I have seen that the majority of in-fashion comedy is highly of a satirical nature. Take northern comedian, Peter Kay, for example- his northern sattire is, I must admit, amusing, but gets a bit tiresome when other comedians decide to get in on it. This is where the phrase "Am I bovvered?" comes in.
Catherine Tate is another comedian who decided to do the whole sattire thing. With her repettitve catchphrases, her humour is often as tiresome as watching paint dry. So, sattire after sattire after sattire! How many more times do I have to say the word "sattire" in this post?!!!
However, finally a few months ago, I found salvation in the form of Father Ted Crilly! I love this sit-com more than any other sit-com. It is the best thing since the book of Genesis. Infact, I am actually thinking of setting up a Dougal McGuire appreciation society. Anyone who wants to join, e-mail admin at lspcentral@gmail.com.
LSP lord- the one, the only, and the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If God watches sitcoms then I'm sure Father Ted is his favourite. What a great show. I suspect though LSP Lord, that you have not yet seen the episode I consider to possibly be the show's finest - "Escape from Victory". It's the penultimate episode of the whole show. Such a shame that Dermot Morgan died in 1998.
Anyway, "Escape from Victory" - look out for it.
Post a Comment