Good afternoon. Here in the UK, it has been chucking it down for some days. Last night, I went to see Jools Holland and couldn't see the stage for old fogeys with excessively large umbrellas! But anyway, I still need to review the series finale. And wasn't it a whopper!
4.12/4.13 THE STOLEN EARTH/JOURNEY'S END
******
RUNNING TIME: 110 mins approx. STARS: David Tennant, David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Billie Piper, Freema Ageyman, John Barrowman, Elizabeth Sladen, Julian Bleach, Noel Clarke, Camille Coduri, Penelope Wilton.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Yes, you are counting right- there are six stars. Sorry, but that beast of an episode warranted more than the "Maximum" five! It gave Donna an original, yet tear jerking farewell and all the other returning characters, pulled it off spectacularly (apart from Martha, whose acting was largely naff as usual).
MY HUMBLE OPINION:
If I could get away with it I'd just post "Wow" hundreds of times in this section, but I'm far more intelligent than that, aren't I, so I'll post something constructive. I cried twice in this story, something that I hardly ever do during an episode. I cried first at the end of "The Stolen Earth" when the Doctor and Rose were running towards each other, and for a second time when Donna had to be left with Wilf and Sylvia, in blissful ignorance of her adventures. Oh, and for the record, I'm not a fan of Sylvia Noble at all. She gets on my nerves even more than Francine Jones does. The Doc. needs to start choosing companions with better Mums.
Julian Bleach did a fantastic Davros. Russy kept the ranting, which was an excellent decision- you can't have Davros without the ranting! I also thought that giving Davros a mechanica
l hand was a good decision- that rubber brown one was spectacularly naff!
l hand was a good decision- that rubber brown one was spectacularly naff!Reference was made to Genesis, something that doesn't happen very often in new Doctor Who. I always smile when they make reference to something old.
The Sarah Jane Adventures is now officially canon in my opinion as a crossover has occurred. And it's occurred in a big way- not just a fleeting reference to the Trickster like in Turn Left.
There was something not right when the other Doctor and Rose kissed, because he's not the Doctor. However hard you try, he's not the Doctor- it's like replacing me with another dude who's identical in every single way. It's not the same!
Overall, there's nothing more to say. I'd better start counting down the days until Christmas because what am I going to blog on now? Any suggestions send to lspcentral@gmail.com please!
So, see you soon, but for now- that's all, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment