Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Rumours from the red-tops: what's in store for ' 08

Yesterday, I was reading a newspaper and found a page dedicated to 2008 predictions. It was a tabloid newspaper, so they may be a tad gossipy, however I'm doing my research as I speak and all of this has proven to be true. And, boy, it's exciting........


Iron Man is hitting cinemas in May and it's been a long time coming. Maybe it's slightly early, seeing as we haven't had news of a Cap or Wonder Woman movie to date. The image on the left is a publicity photo of Robert Downey Jr. as the Marvel superhero. Exciting news for all comic book fans, the movie shows Iron Man's origin and appears to be much like 2003's SPIDERMAN and 2005's Batman Begins. Although I wasn't impressed with the Christian Bale blockbuster, I have a good feeling about the forthcoming Iron Man.

For more cast and crew information, visit http://www.imdb.com/



"The Incredible Hulk" is also due for release in June. The earlier "Hulk" wasn't as successful as planned so the franchise has been revamped with a totally new cast and production team. The image on the left shows Edward Norton, who will play the superhuman Bruce Banner. He also wrote the screenplay for the movie and appeared in the Italian Job remake.

Personally, I wasn't at all impressed by 2003's Hulk and thought it was too dark and meddled with. Fortunately, this is a Superman Returns style sequel so won't have much to do with the first film.
For more cast and crew information, visit http://www.imdb.com/


The final two movies, you will most probably have heard about prior to reading this, but here they are;



The second in the Batman Begins series, The Dark Knight sees the superhero battle against his arch-enemy, the Joker, played by Heath Ledger. You can see the villain on the left. The last film wasn't a hit for me as it was far too dark. In my view, it's just not sensible writing to have a superhero attle against a drug dealer.
The earlier movies were far better as tey included villains that children can relate to. The makers of Batman Begins don't seem to have the right target audience. Nevertheless, this movie should be given a chance. It is Batman, after all.
The last thing is the as yet untitle "Bond 22" starring Daniel Craig. Details are rumoured so I cannot give you any more information.
As a conclusion, 2008 is looking like a good year entertainment-wise.

No comments: